Summer is almost here, and Leukemia Texas is searching for a few great summer interns. Are you a college student looking to get educational credit for an internship this summer? Then come work with us! Here’s what you need to know if you’re interested in becoming a summer intern at LTX.
- An LTX intern provides direct support to the LTX staff leadership team, including the CEO and Patient & Programs Manager. We’re a small team with big goals!
- It’s a part-time, unpaid internship with approximately 20 hours per week.
- We consider the role to be hybrid as we have an office in Dallas, but most of the work can be done remotely from home.
- There isn’t a specific start and end date for the internship. We can be flexible with your school schedule, but most interns work June through August.
- Interns work on a variety of projects, which are listed below, based on organization needs.
An LTX intern will assist with some or all of the following activities:
- Special events and fundraising efforts
- Social media and community engagement
- Data entry, reporting and management
- Graphic design and digital asset needs
- Marketing and communications
- Research, prepare and write grant documents and proposals
- Attend and participate in team meetings, primarily via Zoom
- Coordinate other administrative assignments and projects as needed
Internship Requirements and Qualifications:
- Must be at least 18 years old and enrolled in a college or university
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Familiarity with WordPress, database management systems and social media platforms is ideal
- We’re looking for someone who is interested in working for a nonprofit organization and wants to learn all about giving back and making a worthwhile contribution that will truly change lives!
Are you interested in becoming a summer intern at Leukemia Texas? Email us at email@example.com to learn more.