Patient Aid Program
The Patient Aid application will open Monday, April 1, 2024,
and will run until Friday, June 14, 2024 at 5pm.
Patients should know about their award by Friday, July 19, 2024.
We are able to support these grants through the generosity of others, and are hard at work to secure funding so that we can continue providing Patient Aid Grants to all those in need. Thank you for your patience!
For Texas families dealing with the physical, emotional, and financial burdens of a leukemia diagnosis, there are few places to turn for help. Leukemia Texas provides direct financial assistance to leukemia patients and their families to help with the high cost of treatment and access to care. We serve hundreds of individuals annually, and we do not discriminate based on age, race, gender or creed.
The Leukemia Texas Patient Aid program awards financial assistance up to $1,000 per patient to help with expenses associated with their leukemia treatment. That’s more than any other organization in the state of Texas!
Please read carefully before applying.
- Patient must have a LEUKEMIA diagnosis and be undergoing treatment by a licensed physician. (Leukemia Texas does not support other blood cancers at this time.)
- Diagnosis or relapse must be within the past (3) years.
- Patient must be a legal resident of the state of Texas.
- Patient must be a legal citizen or legal resident of the United States of America.
- Patient cannot have received Leukemia Texas Patient Aid assistance within the past (2) years.
- Applications must be submitted electronically through our secure online platform.
- Applications must be completed entirely. All questions and sections are required.
- Applications to the program are accepted on a quarterly basis and grants are awarded at the end of each application cycle.
- You will receive an email confirmation of your application once you apply.
- Leukemia Texas sends out status notifications to patients within 6-8 weeks of the quarterly deadline date.
- All notifications are mailed out via USPS with tracking.
- If you have not heard from Leukemia Texas eight weeks after the deadline, you may reach out to Leukemia Texas to check on the status of your application.
- Applicants who receive Patient Aid assistance must wait (2) years before applying again.
- Patient’s treatment and diagnoses must be validated by (2) persons providing care to the patient through their current physician’s office or hospital.
- Provider information MUST include Name, Title, Valid Phone Number and Email.
- Accepted Providers: Physician (MD or DO), Physician Assistant, Nurse Practitioner, Social Worker, Financial Advisor, Practice Manager
- Diagnosis/ICD-10 codes: Type of leukemia must be indicated on the application and the ICD-10 code must match the diagnosis.
- Please list a full and proper description of your financial situation in the narrative of the application for full evaluation of your needs.
- Priority will be given to patients that have treatment schedules requiring 100+ inpatient or outpatient days.
- Priority will be given to patients that experience longer travel distances to receive their therapy, thus incurring higher expenses.
- Priority will be given to patients in a situation of little or no insurance. We recognize that having insurance coverage can still present very costly attributes and certain treatments are not covered by insurance. Leukemia Texas will consider each situation uniquely.
If you have a question that has not been answered here, please feel free to contact us at 214-265-7393 or PatientAid@leukemiatexas.org.